Books to the ceiling, books to the sky.
My pile of books are a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard
By the time I read them.
~ Arnold Lobel ~
Media Center Mission Statement
The mission of the educational media program of the Wayne Township School District is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of resources, ideas, and information and to promote in our youth the powers of literacy and competencies to function effectively in the workplace of the 21st century. The mission recognizes the essential role of the school library media program in the educational process as a catalyst for all academic instruction and a dynamic force for excellence in education.
Welcome to our Library Media Center!
Our library program has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:
If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please contact Renee Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our program will be promoting the very best of children’s literature to your child with activities designed to help student’s enjoy the stories even more.
- We be doing our very best to get (or keep) your children “hooked on reading” by recommending specific reading materials to each individual child.
- We will add 100 or more new titles this year of the latest and most exciting new books for young readers, including quality non-fiction to help meet the Common Core requirements.
- At each grade level, students will be learning research and computer skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- We will be working with classroom teachers to help them find materials especially suited to the individual interests and abilities of your child.
- Library lessons will stress good Digital Citizenship, helping your child make safe and ethical decisions when using the Internet.
- Please click here for some information of safe Internet use.
- iPads will be used for various activities in the library.
- We have some special events being planned, including author visits, a book fair, and reading contests.
- Please see the attached file for a schedule of when your child/children attend library class. Books are due back one week from check out unless they are being used for research projects and book reports. Books can be renewed. Students will not be permitted to check out a new book if their book(s) are overdue. Books that are more than 30 days overdue are considered lost and a replacement fee must be paid.
- Students may access our websites and card catalog from home. Please see the link on the right side for access to this page.
Please visit our Media Center on back to school night for a glimpse of what your children experience during their media time!